- Client agrees to pay the hourly rate specified on the rates sheet or as quoted by a Studio Representative.
- Sessions are billed as a minimum of 2 (Two) hours, and then in 15 (Fifteen) minute increments thereafter. Drum recording sessions require a minimum 4 hour booking.
- A 50% deposit is required at the time of booking to secure the session. Sessions are scheduled and confirmed only after the deposit is paid in full.
- If booking through the use of a Living Social, Groupon, or Amazon local voucher, the last 4 digits of the voucher must be presented at the time of booking.
- Only one voucher may be redeemed per session booked.
- Cancellations and Rescheduling requests must be made at least 48 hours prior to the session.
- Failure to request a cancellation or rescheduling at least 48 hours in advance will result in the loss of the booking deposit, or the forfeiture of the full value of vouchers used to book the session.
- The session clock begins at the scheduled session time. Late arrival will count towards the time booked.
- CREDIT CARD
- CHECKS PAYABLE TO: BLUE LIGHT DIGITAL SOUND
No media will be released until the balance of services rendered is paid in full. In the event of payment by check, until the personal check has cleared. In the event of a returned check, the responsible party shall be liable for all fees including legal costs and any and all costs associated with collecting payment.
The studio will be as ready as much as possible beforehand for any known needs and circumstances, as communicated to the studio. Any special setups/circumstances need to be communicated before the session. If the client is providing their own drum kit, the client may arrive 30 minutes early to set up. The studio has a professional acoustic studio drum set, guitar amps,bass amps, DI boxes for electronic keyboards that may be used by the client at no charge. The engineer has final say over the usability of any equipment in terms of its ability to be recorded professionally.
Tracking and Mixing
Rates include the studio, all available studio gear, and the engineer. The studio will do whatever it can to assist the performer(s) in capturing the best performance possible in the time booked. Each project is different in its complexity and time needed to capture and mix the music. The studio will discuss the client’s goals and identify an estimated amount of studio time needed to accomplish the project. The client hereby agrees to acknowledge that an estimated number of hours for a project is not a guarantee on the studio’s behalf that the project will be able to be completed in that time. Additional tracking hours, mix adjustments, edits, etc, needed beyond the estimated amount of time are considered billable hours.
Communication, Quality of Product and Services Provided
The studio will track and mix with professional engineering standards in regards to EQ, dynamics, and editing. The client is responsible to express any concerns as they come up in the recording or mixing process so they can be easily fixed at that time.The studio cannot control subjective criteria including lack of preparedness, performance, or arrangement issues beyond what can be reasonably fixed through editing. Should the client opt to not be present during the mixing process, any additional edits or revisions to the mixes provided will be considered billable hours.
Studio Conduct and Rules
Please do not handle any studio equipment unless directed by the engineer. Client and friends are responsible for any damage to equipment either intentionally or unintentionally. Clients are responsible for their equipment and operating it safely and properly. Clients are expected to maintain a professional demeanor during the session. Violence or aggression is not tolerated and will result in the termination of the session with a loss of the booking deposit. Please be respectful of the environment and keep the studio and surrounding area clean. No drugs of any kind are permitted anywhere on the premises at any time.
Files will only be stored for one month after the last recording or mixing session. Clients are strongly urged to bring external media so the studio can provide backup copies of sessions. If there is any terminal corruption or loss of data by the studio, the client will be given free studio time to replace the missing data. Free studio time will be dated one month back to the last recording or mixing session as data is only guaranteed to be stored for one month.
- The client is fully responsible for the contents of their music and its originality.
- Blue Light Digital Sound, LLC shall be held blameless for any copyright infringement brought on by the client’s recording project.